Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Book Rave: Jessica Shirvington's EMBRACE series

Jen here, ready to swoon over some fabulous books!  Y'all are probably going to laugh at me when I confess that my current favorite YA series  involves fallen angels, but I can't help myself!  (I know, I know: the girl who writes about witches reads about angels?)

These books are SO good.  I'm talking about EMBRACE and the rest of Jessica Shirvington's unputdownable series.  Although all five books have already been released internationally, the 4th one (ENDLESS) is coming out NEXT MONTH in the U.S., and I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it.  I made the mistake of reading a review of EMPOWER, book five, and I just have to say...once seen, these things cannot be unseen!  GAGH, hurry up, October!!



Why I love these books:

THE GIRL

Violet Eden, the protagonist is fatally flawed, and I adore her.  This girl kicks butt but can't keep her hormones in check, and I love teen heroines who don't shy away from smexy things.  (Even though, in Violet's case, sex comes with way more baggage than expected, but that's all I'm gonna say.)

THE BOYS

Phoenix is a fallen angel.  Linc is an angel hunter. They are both infinitely sexy, and you can't blame Violet for being torn.  Totally going to admit, however: I'm team Phoenix all the way.  Every time I read these books, I hear Ke$ha's song "Die Young", and it totally makes me think of Phoenix and smile.

THE WORLD

There's some epic world-building going on here; Shirvington plays with angelic myths and tales from many cultures, but she's crafted a totally believable contemporary setting where fallen angels lurk and Grigori, angelic gate keepers, pursue them.  Throw in some fabulous settings and sparkling secondary characters, and I'm hooked!

The bottom line:

If you love paranormal romance, heroines with flaws and fire, and love interests who are hot and deadly, you need to read these books.  Go on, I'll wait.  Tell me what you think!


 What upcoming releases are you dying to get your hands on?



2 comments:

  1. Oooo...Jen, these books look great! You had me at "epic world-building and sold me with "heroines with flaws and fire." :) COOL rave.

    <3 new book finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to hear what you think! :)

      Delete