Friday, September 20, 2013

CUPID'S ARROW: Where I Profess My ❤ for the Unrealistic Love Interest!

Welcome to another HEARTS GONE ROGUE addition of the Cupid's Arrow Challenge. 

Today it is my great pleasure to introduce you to the man I believe completely destroyed the realistic love interest for generations of teenage girls.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Jake Ryan.


 
(For those of you unfamiliar with the above hottie, please step away from your computer, 
stick your head in the nearest oven, and pray for the light. There is no hope for you.)

As we all know, Jake Ryan was really a thirty-year-old man trapped in an eighteen-year-old boy's body. Because materialistic goods were meaningless to him, he didn't think twice about driving a Porsche while the other kids were stuck in beater Hondas, and wasn't fazed to be dating the hot blonde with dairy pillows bigger than Farmer Ted's floppy disc collection. Of course he wasn't--Jake didn't roll that way. He wasn't after status, he was after depth. He was after sincerity. He was after a flat-chested sophomore who was stupid enough to answer honestly on a sex quiz!
Seems to good to be true, right?!

Duh.

But that is why we love him so much!!

No girl wants to daydream about a pimple-faced kid who lights his farts for entertainment. She wants a boy who's good looking, mature for his age, loyal, funny, smart and is willing to walk through fire, slay dragons, stake vampires, publicly humiliate snobby cheerleaders, or put her abusive father in his place/jail/the grave on her behalf, all within forty-eight hours of meeting her.

No, it's not a realistic expectation, but reality is no joke, yo! If not for our unrealistic love interests how would we survive fifteen years of marriage?!

So, now that I've told you about my unrealistic love interest, why don't you tell me about yours...

5 comments:

  1. Jake Ryan is pretty much it for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you can't be in love with a character you created, can you? Especially, if he's a ghost...lol. But, he looks a LOT like Hugh Jackman...;) and his accent....and...okay, I gotta stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm seeing that movie in a whole new unrealistic Disney prince ruins you sort of way. Thanks. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...total 80s fail on my part. I couldn't even tell you who the actor is :D *googles* Oh, okay. I always gravitated more toward the edgier guys, I guess. I really liked Heath Ledger's character in 10 Things I Hate About You.

    Trivia: there is apparently a Hannah Montana character named Jake Ryan.

    And Suzanne you can totally be in love with a character you created...I hope. :D

    ReplyDelete