Friday, September 6, 2013

Writerly Habitats Contest #2!

ETA: Pat Edsen is our lucky winner! Pat, Anne B. will be in touch about your prize!


Oh, I’ve got a tricky one for you this week!

You are never ever ever—like Taylor Swift levels of never ever—gonna guess whose desk this is. OK, well, technically, you’ve got a 1 in 14 chance of guessing correctly. Oh, wait. Make that a 1 in 13 chance because we already know that it can’t be the lair of Sara Raasch because this is Sara’s native habitat.

Of course you can increase your odds of guessing correctly by KNOWING YOUR VALENTINES because there is a big ole clue the size of a wheel of Wisconsin cheddar in this picture. AND. We have yet another cat owner. Yes, you can just sort of make out a small bowl of kibble in the corner of the picture. I just hope that this person’s cat is nothing like the foul feline beast I had a few years ago, who has now passed over the rainbow bridge, may he rest in peace, although I hope he’s doing a bit of time in purgatory for peeing on my bed.

WAIT A GOSHDARN MINUTE. Now I just gave you yet another clue, and increased your chances of guessing correctly to 1 in 12.

Well, without further ado, here it is:

WHO SITS AT THIS DESK, I WONDER?



Let’s see what you think. Who does this desk belong to, my lovelies? 

A guess in the comment section, even a wrong one, enters you to win this signed copy of Skylark by Megan Spooner!

10 comments:

  1. Okay, this isn't fair, especially since I've actually sat there too. It is my daughter-in-law's creative nook, Anne Blankman.

    Julie Cizenski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne...how can you work in such a clean space?! Where are the candy wrappers?! Where are the desk dents -- you know, from where your forehead crashes into it while pulling an all-nighter?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_O Well. I was just about to scroll through the twitters of everyone. Again. (Wait no, cross out the again. Y'all don't need to know that.)

    And then I saw the Hitler.

    And then I saw the comment.

    Also Hitler's mustache looks like a heart from this angle.

    Just saying

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um so we can still enter to win though right? :D Even though the answer's already been given?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I noticed Hitler, but only after I stared at the desk in total awe. I'm now convinced Anne Blankman isn't human. No one's writing space is really that clean and uncluttered, right? Please say I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I didn't even notice the Hitler until I read the comments! I was too busy admiring the cleanness of Anne Blankman's desk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's freakishly clean. Just sayin'. :)

    AND I CAN't WAIT TO READ ANNE'S BOOK! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should probably confess that not only is it my desk, but I cleaned it right before taking the picture! You should see it right now. Covered with notes and 1930s maps of Berlin...

    ReplyDelete